Angelina Jolie's Oscar Hair Style
This entry was posted on February 25, 2009.
I know everyone must be wondering how to get the fabulous Oscar red carpet hairstyle that we saw on Angelina Jolie! Angelina’s hair was amazing and picture perfect at the Academy Awards. StyleBell is here to uncover the her flawless hairstyle. One of my favs, David Babii, styled both Angelina Jolie and Nicole Kidman’s Oscar night hair styles. Read how David created Angelina’s 'do.
How to Get Angelina Jolie’s Hair
1. "To achieve this romantic cascade of curls, I sprayed her entire head with David Babaii for WildAid Bohemian Beach Spray and scrunched it into the hair. This gives just the right texture and hold."
2. "Next, I dried her hair by dividing her tresses into three sections: top, sides and back leaving the nape area free. Taking small sections starting at the nape, use a blowdryer with a nozzle attachment and finish the drying process with a large round brush to smooth hair straight."
3. "At the crown area, I sprayed David Babaii for WildAid Volcanic Ash Root Amplifier to the root area and down the hair shaft. Then, I dried this section with a jumbo round brush to add lift and volume."
4. "Once dry, I sectioned the hair again using the same sectioning process as I did for blow drying. Using the David Babaii for WildAid Styling Iron, I once again sectioned the hair into three sections: top, sides and back leaving the nape area free."
5. "To curl, use the Styling Iron to create "ribbon curls" by taking small "V" shaped sections. To achieve, wrap the hair around and inside the styling iron close to the scalp area and pull the iron down (similar to curling ribbon)."
**Note: Using "V" shaped sections eliminates the appearance of parting in the hair.**
6. "After curling the entire head, I smoothed some of the curls with a brush while leaving some intact."
7. "At the crown area, I back-brushed the hair at the scalp area only, sprayed some additional Volcanic Ash Root Amplifier and gently smoothed the surface not to remove too much of the back-brushing."
8. "Next, to create her half-up, half down look, I brushed the sides up and back and secured with pins."
9. "To complete the back, I ran my fingers up several curls to create volume and variations in texture. For a long but natural lasting hold, I used David Babaii for WildAid Mise en Plis Light Styling Spray."