Get Freida Pinto's Oscar Hair!
This entry was posted on February 26, 2009.
Do you want to recreate Frieda Pinto’s low flower chignon Oscar hair style at home. This is a great wedding or prom look!
Celebrity stylist, Jeffrey Paul, created a fresh and elegant red carpet hair look for Frieda Pinto. Pinto’s hair is divided into three parts and twisted back into an architectural, couture flower shape on the right side of the head. “This look has a beautiful architecture; hair is twisted back into a youthful, feminine flower shape that complements Frieda’s face shape and stunning Galliano gown.”
Here’s how to get Pinto’s look:
1. Start with clean blow dried hair.
2. Mix a cocktail of Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam and Aveda Light Elements Defining Whip. Work the product into wet hair to add texture and volume. “When creating an updo, it’s important to use products that give thickness and body,” said Paul. “Pinto’s hair already has a lot of shine. The cocktail of Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam and Aveda Light Elements Defining Whip provided just the right amount of hold, body and texture without weighing hair down.”
3. Blow dry hair back to add lift and height at the roots.
4. Create a left side part and divide hair into three sections: three quarters of hair in one section on the right and the remaining hair into two smaller sections.
5. Pull the right section of hair back into a low ponytail just behind the right ear above the nape of the neck.
6. Twist the ponytail, working Aveda Light Elements Defining Whip into hair. Wrap the ponytail around the base, creating a flower shape. Secure in place with pins.
7. Work Aveda Light Elements Defining Whip into each of the remaining sections and twist back and around the flower shape, creating a layered, rose-like effect. “The three twists flow together for beautiful movement,” said Paul.
8. Finish the look with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray.
9. Lastly, shake the head a bit to loosen up the look and provide a sense of natural movement.
Don't we all love Aveda!