Grammy's 40's Glamour Updo
This entry was posted on February 2, 2010.
40's Glamour was the rage at the Grammy's 2010 on Sunday night. Nicole Kidman and Taylor Swift looked amazing in their faux bob updo's. I know this look will be the inspiration for many wedding updo styles. How can you get Taylor Swift's or Nicole Kidman's 40's Glamour Updo? Pureology PureArtists Mary Katherine Hecht, Christopher Devaney, April Webster and Byu-ti/Pureology Salon owner Natasha Sunshine give us the 411 on how to recreate this look.
How to Get the 40's Glamour Updo
- Apply even amounts of Essential Repair InstantRepair, SuperSmooth RelaxingSerum and NanoGlaze to wet hair. Comb through evenly with a wide tooth comb.
- Create a side part, diffuse hair allowing the hairs enhanced natural curl and texture to show through.
- When the hair is dry, roll the back section (ear to ear) under and pin with large hair pins. This creates a faux bob line.
- Take the remaining side sections and continue to roll the hair under to your desired length and pin this section to the back section creating a looser and relaxed and look to the front.
- Emulsify DryShine Hairstyler in your hands and gently massage the hair until you have a textured and relaxed look all over.
- Finish this look off with GlossingMist for incredible shine and InChargePlus Firm Finishing Spray for hold.