Steal the Look: Oscar Curls
This entry was posted on March 10, 2010.
I had the AMAZING opportunity of flying out to LA to live-blog the Oscar Awards, and saw a ton of hot runway-inspired ‘dos. One such trend was big stars with even bigger curls. We all know Mariah Carey as a starlet of stage, but she was almost unrecognizable in her Precious role – a movie I loved, but not for the glamour! Mariah was glamour personified though as she strutted down the red carpet at the 2010 Academy Awards with curl-perfection.
Curl-master Ouidad, gave some tips on how to create this look:
- Apply a moisturizing gel, like Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Gel and dry hair with low heat
- Set large rollers on the top of the head and medium on the rest of hair
- Remove rollers and softly brush through with a wide natural bristle brush
- Run fingers through to separate the tendrils and curls will spring back to life
- Finish with Ouidad Styling Mist to set the look in place and Ouidad Shine Glaze Serum to smooth curls and add red carpet shine.
Va va voom! Have to say, if I could make my own curls look like that, I wouldn’t be relaxing them so often.
More tips coming soon!
By Aly Walansky