Global Keratin Juvexin Uncovered

Global Keratin,Global Keratin treatment,global keratin hair,global keratin products

There is so much talk about  Global Keratin treatments for straightening.  It is almost like a miracle drug that helps take the frizz and curls out of your hair for up to 5 months!  We know all of you have questions on various keratin treatments and have decided to profile the Global Keratin with Juvexin today.

The Global Keratin Treatment with Juvexin is formulated to straighten the hair and leave it shiny, silky and manageable. The Global Keratin treatment is specifically formulated as a revitalizing and rejuvenating Keratin treatment that eliminates frizz and curls (similar to the Brazilian Treatment).  Global Keratin includes Juvexin.  What is Juvexin you ask?   It is a naturally derived protein similar to the structure of hair, which bonds to the surface and penetrates strands.   Sounds Great!

So what is the deal with Formaldehyde and Global Keratin treatments?  I know many of you are concerned with putting Formaldehyde in your hair.  I found that  Global Keratin has 3 different versions of their treatment according to your hair type which is genius!

• Wavy Hair, Formaldehyde Free!!
  • Curly Hair, 2% Formaldehyde
  • Coarse, Extremely Curly Hair, 4% Formaldehyde

The Global Keratin also comes in Strawberry, Chocolate, and Acai.  Just different scents.  How fun!  We posed some questions to Global Keratin and found out much more about the treatment.  Read on.

Q. What is JUVEXIN?

A. JUVEXIN is the ONLY keratin compound scientifically proven to protect and restore hair back to its youthful state.

Q. Why is JUVEXIN different than other keratins?

A. Other products in the market today are made with hydrolyzed or over processed keratin where the long chains of amino acids are broken and the capability of the protein to bind to the hairs natural keratin is destroyed.

Q. Is this a relaxer?

A. No. Global Keratin’s Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN is a system that restores hair to its pristine condition. It does not change the genetic make up of hair. Rather, it makes hair more manageable, easy to style and frizz-free.

Q. Do I always have to wear my hair straight or can I style my hair?

A. After the first wash you can style your hair in any manner you desire. Since the Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN does not change the structural integrity of your hair, your hair will hold any style like before the application.

Q. Does the Hair Taming System work on virgin hair?

A. Yes. The Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN will provide excellent results on any hair type. On virgin hair, best results will be achieved after the second or third application.

Q. Can the Hair Taming System be done on any type of damaged hair?

A. Yes, the Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN treatment can be applied on ANY previous chemical treatment (colored, highlighted, relaxed, bleached or virgin hair).

Q. Can you do the Hair Taming System over the Japanese straightening?

A. Yes, the Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN can be applied over any kind of permanent straightening.

Q. Is it best to apply the Hair Taming System before or after coloring?

A. For optimal results, color/highlighting processes should be done before applying the Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN. In addition, both procedures may be done on the same visit. Otherwise, wait 2 weeks after the treatment application to apply color/highlights.

Q. How do I apply the Hair Taming System with Juvexin after color?

A. After you have finished applying the color treatment to your customer's hair, thoroughly rinse the hair as usual until the water runs clear. Then wash the hair lightly with Global Keratin Clarifying Shampoo to remove the excess color build up. Thoroughly rinse the hair after the Clarifying Shampoo. Apply the Hair Taming System with Juvexin right over the color as you would normally do.

Q. Can the Hair Taming System be done on children?

A. Most pediatricians recommend that children be at least 12 years old before they receive any kind of cosmetic treatments.

Q. Why do I have to wait to wash my hair?

A. We recommend that you wait because it takes 48 hours for the JUVEXIN to form a stronger bond to the hair cortex. If hair is washed right after the treatment, some or most of the Juvexin may wash out and the results of the application will not last as long as desired.

Q. Can I wear a ponytail or tie the hair up?

A. No, during the first 48 hours following the application the hair should not be tied up with any bands or clips.

Q. What should I do if I create a bend in my hair while sleeping?

A. Blow dry the section of hair as soon as possible and/or use a flat iron to re-straighten the hair.

Q. What should I do if my hair gets wet during the first 48 hours?

A. Blow dry the section of hair as soon as possible and/or use a flat iron to re-seal the cuticle.

Q. How long does the Hair Taming System last?

A. The Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN treatment will last about 3-5 months depending on the hair type and maintenance. The system works better on chemically treated hair.

Q. Is the Hair Taming System permanent?

A. No, the Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN application will gradually wash out after 3 – 5 months.

Q. Can I go into the ocean or the pool after receiving the Hair Taming System?

A. Do not go into the ocean or pool during the first 48 hours. After that, you may swim. However, apply Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN Leave-In Conditioner to your hair before you get in the water and rinse well afterward before shampooing.

Q. What shampoo and conditioners do I use after receiving the Hair Taming System?

A. To maintain the results and make the treatment last longer we recommend that you only use Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN shampoos and conditioners.

Q. Can I use styling products during the first 2 days?

A. Styling products can be used after the first shampoo. However, we recommend that you always use the Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN line of product that are specifically designed with JUVEXIN.

Q. Can I get the Hair Taming System done while pregnant or nursing?

A. While there are no known adverse effects, pregnant women and nursing mothers should consult a physician prior to any type of hair treatment.

Q. Is this Hair Taming System good for African American hair type?

A. Yes, this treatment is ideal for African American hair. the Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN can be used to provide softness and frizz free results with out the use of harsh chemicals.

Q. What is the difference between relaxers / Japanese straightening and Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN?

A. Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN is a Keratin based system with straightening capabilities that naturally washes out in 3 to 5 months. It protects and restores the hair without using harsh chemicals. Relaxers and Japanese straightening work on breaking and rearranging the internal bonds of the hair. Once these processes are done, the hair is permanently straightened. The new growth of the Japanese straightening will always be curly, but the previously straightened hair will never revert or blend back.

26 thoughts on “Global Keratin Juvexin Uncovered”

• [...] There are many formaldehyde free keratin treatments like Coppola Keratin Complex, Rejuvenol, and Global Keratin Treatments which are a safer alternative to the Brazilian Straightening!  Yes there is an alternative to the [...]

• Salons Morris Plains
    Salons Morris Plains May 23, 2010 at 5:37 pm

hi,

This Global Keratin Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN is really very nice and good results are achieved.

• cybele

Hi, very thorough article, thanks!! I am considering having this done very soon and you answered all my questions. Thanks again MyStyleBell!!

• lucy

deseo saber si yo me puedo realizar el tratamiento y donde lo consigo vivo en cali Colombia

• karen

I have it in my hair and it's an amazing product! I am 100% satisfied!!!! I am a stylist and have great results with the clients I have done it on as well.

• Mary

I have had 3 Global Keratin treatments and love it. I color my course frizzy gray hair and the treatment brings back a healthy youthful shine. The Juvexin hair products work to keep your hair healthy and looking good longer. I wash my hair every two or three days. By my fourth month, I'm overdue for another treatment. For me, I like the Curly level since the heaviest one makes my ends look unnatural. My hair is the healthiest its been in years.

• monika caratti

Hi,

I just have done this treatment 6days ago. And I`m not that happy. My hair is curly and frizzy. After the treatment i had lots of damaged end, which they keep breaking.Mayby from the long blowdrying... Is that common? The hair was ok after the first wash, but now is gettin frizzy again. Could that happend?

Monika

• Valerie McCrork
    Valerie McCrork October 18, 2010 at 4:10 am

I just went to a GK class, and they said it has no Formaldehyde. I purchased the extreme formula. I am surprised to read that it has 4%. Where did you find your data? I would like to tell my distributor about this

• Rana

Please Need your Help to know, From where Can I get it and How much will it cost me???

• Marie Red

I had GK applied last month and absolutely love my hair. My stylist instructed me to wait 5 days before shampoo (instead of the suggested 48 hrs) which was a struggle but the results are unbelieveable. My hair is soft, shiny and frizz free and I have so many more styling options now. I can wear is blown out and flat ironed straight or let it dry naturally with soft waves. I'm in an area of high humidity and will be interested to see how long it lasts but after the 1st month I am so pleased with the results. I was a bit expensive but worth every penny ! AT this point in time I would defintely have it don again.

• shimo

i am from Egypt ; where i can get global keratin ?????

• Safaa

Shimo, u can get GK from Sa3eed Salem in Gesr El-Suis Street, or from Samir William from El-Qubba Street. The first is cheaper though..

• Safaa

Can I apply GK more than once in a short period of time; i.e. I applied it last month, and I'm not that satisfied abt the result, my stylist says I can apply it one or two more times this month as well. Is this possible?

• Silppa

Hi,

Where can i get GK done from in Dubai, UAE?

• Alev

I had this GK done and it has left my hair frizzy, dry and it still has the unruly wavey curls that were always there, it is not any easier to blowave infact it takes longer as it is so dry. Im a hairdressing educator and i would never recomend GK or any of these brazillian treatments to my students or clients. Im not impressed!!! The moisture shampoo is also very heavy and leaves my hair looking dull and feeling oily because of the heavy chemicals.

• Jazz

i live in Dubai where can I buy the global keratin haircare products from?

• alyson

Jazz - as we're a US distributor I'm not sure where they can be purchased in other countries, but try the manufacturer website. They have a global salon finder. gkhair.com

• Lynn

I've just had my third treatment - the previous one lasted 5 months. I don't use the GK products, just normal sulphate free products, which are a fraction of the price, and the results have been good.

• Shear suites beauty gallery
    Shear suites beauty gallery October 3, 2011 at 4:11 am

I am a hair stylist here in the Memphis Tennessee area. I have used the system on several clients hair and have heard nothing but great things. Everyone seem to be very pleased!!!!! I highly recommend this system.

• trudie powell

i had this done ,i waited 7 days before washing,i was extremely disappointed with the result. for a couple of weeks my hair was easier to style but still went frizzy in damp ,windy conditions. now 8 week later it is dull/dry and frizzy even though i have used the recommended shampoo and conditioner.

• Sunsh97

I had my 1st treatment done on 9/30/11. I am black and my hair has been natural (no chemicals) for 2 years so it has a coiled, z-pattern curl. The stylist suggested the "coarse" formula and my hair was and still is soft, silky, and beautiful. I didn't wash for 4 days and I too also use sulphate free products. I was my hair weekly and I haven't had ANY problems in 3 weeks. It used to take at least 45 minutes to dry my hair. Now it only takes 5-7mins!!! This alone is worth it to me. If I left it air dry, my hair has a soft s-curl pattern. I use the serum daily from root to ends. I truly recommend this product. Make sure you research your stylist's credentials before having this applied. Just because someone is a stylist doesn't mean they thoroughly know about this product. For my lenght of hair (mid-back), I paid $220 and I love the flexibility this gives me AND it isn't a chemical. 5 stars!!

• Jes

I'm so disappointed, with this treatment,. I was so excited about it, I just wanted to be able to style my hair easier and get some shine, even if I had curl still. Instead my hair is so dry and frizzy looking and my ends are breaking off, and I had 2 inches cut off right before the treatment. I could cry and have, my hair is horrible, and to top it off it's so dull looking too. I spent a lot of money, dealt with a headache for 4 days from the chemical,to have my hair look horrible. NEVER get this done, it's not worth it. And yes, I do use the recommended sulfate shampoo too.

• Yolande

My stylist has recomended that I use Pureology Antifade complex shampoo & conditioner, not quite sure about it , they are sulphar free but should I not stick to the GK products? This is my first GK treatment and not too sure hoe to take proper care - please if someone could offer me advice... thank-you

• alyson

Hi Yolande,
      The GK products are designed to go with the treatment, but that doesn't mean they're the only products that work with it. Pureology is great stuff! If you like what it's doing with your hair, it's fine to use.

• ghada

from where can i by it here in italt

• alyson

Hi there,
      We're a North American distributor so I'm sorry but we're unaware of stockists in Europe. Try their Italian website - http://www.gkhair.com/it/it/