Steal the Look: Lea Michele at Emmy Awards
This entry was posted on August 30, 2010.
Last night’s 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy awards showcased the brightest stars in television — and I was there to see all the action.
Obviously, the beauty and fashion that abounded was where my interest was centered, and nominee Lea Michele looked hot.
Lea was a nominee for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for her breakout role in “Glee,” and celebrity editorial stylist Mark Townsend created a modern and fresh hair look for Lea Michele. “Lea wanted her hair to look touchable and super modern, and full hair with lots of volume and a bit of roughness was perfect against her flawless gown” said stylist Mark Townsend.
Here’s how to get Lea Michele’s look:
1) Lea’s look started with clean hair. She used Dove Daily Treatment Conditioner to give softness and smoothness in the time it takes to use a conditioner.
2) The end-of-Summer timing of the Emmys is a perfect opportunity to play with color. Lea is still shooting episodes of “Glee” and we couldn’t do anything permanent, so I added in a few custom pieces of hair to add dimension and giver her removable highlights for the evening. The result was a golden/coppery effect throughout the ends of her hair.
3) I wanted Lea’s hair to move in all different directions, so I added in Dove Body & Lift Volumizing Mousse throughout damp her and blow dried with a round brush to add lift.
4) Next spray 3 inch sections of hair with Dove Heat Defense Therapy Mist to protect hair against heat styling damage before using an iron
5) Then use a 2 inch curling iron to give a subtle bend or ‘S’ curl, rather than a perfect curl. Curl from the ends all the way up, and set each section with a barrel clip for 5 to 7 minutes or until cool.
6) Scrunch hair with Dove Daily Moisture Therapy Replenishing Mist to add moisture and blow dry briefly without a diffuser to look a bit undone.
7) Warm a pea-sized amount of Dove Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream between the palms of hands. Rake fingers through hair to distribute product evenly for shiny, modern texture.
8) To evoke Brigitte Bardot inspiration, tease hair at the crown for extra volume and lift.
9) To finish Lea’s look I sprayed Dove Unscented Extra Hold Hairspray with Natural Movement (Aerosol) liberally on a small, natural bristle eyebrow brush (the kind that looks like a wooden toothbrush) and ran it through her bangs to hold a middle part. The parted bangs gave a modern update to the 60’s vibe of her hair.
10) I gave Lea a 2 oz. Dove Extra Hold Hairspray with Natural Movement and the natural eyebrow brush to take with her in case she needed a touchup.
By Aly Walansky