The Kate Middleton Effect
This entry was posted on April 26, 2011.
Hats, Fascinators, half up half down hairstyles are all the rage for 2011. I am so tempted to get myself a fascinator! This is the Kate Middleton effect! With the upcoming nuptials on April 29th we are all wondering what will Kate Middleton do with those long brown locks on that special day. Well you will have to rise quite early to see for yourself. We have heard from very secret insiders that Kate Middleton will be sporting a half up half down hair style (definitely her signature) with a $10.5 million tiara! She will be fussed over for hours with about 6 hairstylists waiting upon her.
Looking to create her signature half up half down hairstyle? Valery Joseph, NYC salon owner, tells us how to create that simple yet elegant style in the comforts of your own home.
Half Up Half Down Hair Style How To
1. Starting with wet hair, apply mousse or a setting cream and dry the hair 75% of the way. Then section the hair and finish blow drying with a round brush, creating lift at the root of the hair.
2. Once dry, set the hair in medium sized hot rollers.
3. After taking the rollers out, separate the top half of the hair into three sections – one on the top, and one on each side of the head.
4. Take the two sections on the left and right side and individually secure them to the back of the head with bobby pins. Cross two bobby pins over each other to increase staying power.
5. Finally, take the center section and tease for extra height – then attach it in the back right in between the other bobby pins. Gently smooth all three sections together with a brush then finish the look with hair spray all over.