Styling Tips from Maxiglide by Maxius Beauty
This entry was posted on March 17, 2015.
Love your Maxiglide Hair Straightener? Who doesn’t! When I saw these styling tips from Maxius Beauty on how to style with your Maxiglide I thought I’d share them with everyone. Happy hairstyling!
1. Use a lower temperature setting (1 - 4) if your hair is fine or chemically treated, and (5 -10) if you have strong, coarse hair.
2. Always set the Maxiglide™ on its non-slip, rubber base.
3. Your hair should be clean, dry or nearly dry, and free of tangles and knots.
4. Never use steam within 3 inches of scalp.
5. To prevent steam from wet hair touching your scalp, be sure the hair is completely dry at the roots.
6. DO NOT use steam while your fingers are on the ridges of the Maxiglide™. Never touch the hot plates!
7. You don't have to squeeze tightly like ordinary irons - the ceramic plates and the detangling pins will do the work for you. Simply glide it through your hair. You're not ironing - you're gliding.
8. When you get to the very end of the hair, pause for a second, then continue gliding.
9. Start with a section of hair about 1 1/2" inches thick and about 3 1/2" inches wide.
10. Brush each section to free it of tangles.
11. For Softening: For especially frizzy, dry, brittle or stubborn hair, first, without applying a lot of pressure, barely close the iron and quickly go over the frizzy, brittle part of the hair which is usually the last 3-7 inches before the ends, with 1 or 2 bursts of steam. (This will soften the hair, much like you would iron out a tough wrinkle in a shirt). Then go over the entire section from the roots to the ends WITHOUT THE STEAM.
12. Creating flips is fun and stylish. When you get down to about the last 2 inches of the end of a hair section, start rotating your Maxiglide™ in one spot. Keep rotating until your hair "flips-out" automatically. Note that for especially frizzy, dry or stubborn hair, you can soften the ends first as described above in tip 10.
13. For more control, you can use your other hand to help guide the Maxiglide™. DO NOT use steam while touching the ridges. And never touch the hot plates!
14. And finally, for those quick touch-ups, your Maxiglide™ comes with a bonus flat plate without the detangling pins. Using this bonus attachment, you can move quickly through big sections of your hair for speedy touch-ups.
These styling tips are extremely helpful, especially if you are a first time “Maxglider”. Tons of our customers love this iron, and for good reason, it’s great for straightening all hair types and lengths. It works so well on everyone, we can barely keep them in stock. If you were lucky enough to snag one, enjoy it!
You might also be interested in our article: Everything You Want to Know About Maxiglide...and More!