Hair How To: Kendall Jenner at the Billboard Music Awards!
This entry was posted on May 20, 2015.
We are obsessing over the slicked-back wet look Kendall Jenner was rocking at the Billboard Music awards this weekend -- SO simple and SO sexy! We loved it so much we had to write up a hair how-to so we can all have fun recreating this look at home.
What You'll Need:
- Shampoo & Lightweight Conditioner (we recommend Daily Beauty for Wildlife Amplifying Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner)
- Volumizing Mousse like Bain de Terre Rise and Shine Volumizing Foam
- Hydrating Shine Serum like our favorite Maijan Leave-In
- Finishing Spray like Simply Smooth Humidity Shield Hairspray
- Shimmer Shine Spray for added shine (optional)
How to Get the Look:
- Start by using your lightweight shampoo & conditioner to get your hair nice and clean without adding any extra weight. You will be adding some heavier based products later, so the lightweight conditioner in this step will prevent your hair from becoming too flat!
- Load up your hair with mousse, starting at the roots & working your way down. I recommend a good 3-4 pumps for shoulder length hair and or a small handful from an aerosol bottle.
- Using a round brush to smooth your frizzes & get some lift at the roots, blow dry your hair off your face towards the back of your head. For MAXIMUM volume before styling, flip your head upside down and give your roots a good blow-dry before starting this step. Then, if necessary, flat iron your hair towards the back, avoiding the roots as much as possible to prevent loosing your volume.
- Pump out a few pumps of your shine serum into your palms and work them together well. Use your fingertips to gently guide the hair towards the back of your head while giving it a more sleek look. Be careful not to overload your root area, but don't be shy working the product through the mid shaft and ends!
- During step 4 and after, use a finishing spray to help secure your look in place, focusing on the roots and mid shaft in this step. Keep using your finger tips with serum on them to help guide the finishing spray through your strands! Be generous with your finishing spray, especially if you have bangs, but be sure to hold the product about 6-12 inches away from your head to prevent getting your look too "wet," depending on the type of hold hairspray you've chosen. For hairsprays with a heavier hold, hold the product closer to 12 inches away and vice versa for lightweight sprays.
- If you want to add some extra shine after all of this, try giving your hair 1 or 2 spritz of the Maijan Shimmer Shine Spray from about 6 inches away. Use your palms to evenly distribute it across the smooth surface of your slicked back look!